Slips, Trips and Falls
Source: Wellness Coaches USA
According to OSHA , slips, trips and falls constitute the majority of industrial accidents, nearly 25%., They cause 15% of all accidental deaths, and are second to only motor vehicles as a cause of fatalities.
Common causes include:
– Weather Hazards
– Loose/ Uneven flooring or carpet
– Wet or oily surfaces
– Poor Lighting
– Obstructed Vision
– Improper footwear
– Improper fitting clothing
– Objects sticking out into walkways
– Scrap or other materials
Here are some simple ways to avoid slips, trips and falls:
– If you drop something, pick it up.
– If you spill something, wipe it up.
– Watch where you are going while walking.
– Walk, don’t run.
– Don’t engage in activities that may be distracting such as reading or writing while walking.
– Use handrails while climbing or descending stairs.
– Check that your walkway is clear and that your view isn’t blocked before you lift something to carry.
– Don’t carry a load you can’t see over or around.
– Walk carefully and slowly when you transition from one walking surface to another.
– Slow down and take small steps if the walking surface is cluttered, narrow, uneven, slippery or angled.
– Wear stable shoes
For more information about Wellness Coaches USA, click here!
For more information visit us online or call 1-888-366-1000.
The Seltzer Group with locations in Schuylkill Haven, Orwigsburg, and Pottsville, Pennsylvania, serves businesses and individuals locally, regionally, and on the national level. The Seltzer Group is a proud member of the Keystone Insurers Group.