Slips, trips and falls
Did you know that slips, trips and falls make up nearly 25% of all industrial accidents? According to OSHA, they cause 15% of all accidental deaths in the workplace.
There are common causes that are simple enough to fix. Here are a few suggestions:
– If something is dropped- pick it up!
– If something spills- clean it up!
– Don’t carry a load you can’t see over or around.
– Wear proper footwear.
– Wear properly fitting clothing.
– Try to keep work areas well lit.
– Repair or place a warning by loose/uneven flooring.
– Clean or place a warning by wet or oily surfaces.
For more information about slips, trips or falls in the workplace please refer to OSHA online.
If you would like more information about workplace safety or safety programs, please click here.
The Seltzer Group, located in Eastern Pennsylvania, specializes in developing safety, workers compensation, human resources, claims, and risk financing programs. They are a proud member of the Keystone Insurers Group and are nationally recognized for their expertise in workers compensation solutions. The Seltzer Group serves businesses and individuals locally, regionally, and on the national level.
Want to learn more? Visit our website for to see a full list of The Seltzer Group’s educational programs. We’re always adding new topics and programs so check back often!