School Bus Safety
School is back in session for children inEastern Pennsylvania. Now is a good time to review school bus safety with your children. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration approximately 19 children are killed in school transportation related accidents each year. The follow are a few tips from the National Safety Council to keep your children safe on the way to and from school, at the bus stop and while on the bus.
– Arrive at the bus stop early and do not engage in horseplay.
– Remain seated and facing front while on the bus. Keeps limbs inside the vehicle.
– Board the bus single file and use the handrail.
– Remove loose drawstrings or ties on clothing that could get caught on handrails.
– Cross the street at least 10 feet in front of the bus. Watch for other vehicles.
– Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before exiting and exit from the front.
– Ask the bus driver for help if anything is dropped during boarding or exiting of the bus.
The Seltzer Group with locations in Schuylkill Haven, Orwigsburg, andPottsville,Pennsylvania, serves businesses and individuals locally, regionally, and on the national level. The Seltzer Group is a proud member of the Keystone Insurers Group.