Safety Questions Every Business Owner Should Ask
Work place injuries account for thousands in medical costs, lost time and production each year. One of the best ways to manage claims is to try to prevent them by making sure you have a safe work environment. Here 10 of the big questions business owners should ask about their work place’s safety situation:
- How confident are you that the goals and objectives of HR, Safety and Risk Management are in alignment?
- How confident are you that your Employees and Supervisors understand their role and responsibilities in the event of an injury?
- How confident are you that your safety program is reducing frequency and severity rates?
- How confident are you that your current safety efforts are sufficient to drive down your cost of risk?
- How confident are you that your business would survive an OSHA inspection?
- How confident are you that your Supervisors would be deemed by OSHA as “competent persons”?
- How confident are you that your safety committee would pass an audit by the Department of Labor and Industry?
- How confident are you that your accident investigations are identifying root causes of each other?
- How confident are you that your Employees and Supervisors understand the OSHA requirements that pertain to your business?
- How confident are you that your Supervisors and Management Teams understand the impact accidents have on your business?
OSHA 10 Hour Construction Training
April 18 12:00pm-5:30pm
April 19 7:00am-12:30pm
The Seltzer Group Training Center
Or call 1-888-366-1000
The Seltzer Group, located in Eastern Pennsylvania, specializes in developing safety, workers compensation, human resources, claims, and risk financing programs. They are a proud member of the Keystone Insurers Group and are nationally recognized for their expertise in workers compensation solutions. The Seltzer Group serves businesses and individuals locally, regionally, and on the national level.