OSHA Violations and Fines
We’ve posted before about OSHA’s top 10 most frequently cited violations, but it is definitely worth repeating. This is especially true because each of these penalties topped $1 million in 2010! Not only are they the most frequently cited, they are the most costly.
- Scaffolding- general requirements; aims to protect construction workers from falls and falling objects while working on or near scaffolding at heights of 10 feet or more.
- Fall protection- general requirements; designed to protect employees on a walking/working surface with an unprotected side or edge above 6 feet.
- Hazard communication- addresses chemical hazards and the communication of them to workers.
- Respiratory protection- directs employers in establishing/ maintaining respiratory protection program.
- Ladders- general requirements for all ladders.
- Lockout/tagout- addresses the control of hazardous energy during services and maintenance of machines and equipment.
- Electrical- wiring methods; deals with the grounding of electrical equipment, wiring and insulation.
- Powered industrial trucks; covers the design, maintenance and operation of powered industrial trucks.
- Electrical- general requirements; deals with general safety requirements for designing electrical systems.
- Machine guarding- general requirements; covers guarding of machinery to protect operators and other employees from hazards.
Want to learn more about OSHA compliance and workplace safety? Visit us online!
The Seltzer Group with locations in Schuylkill Haven, Orwigsburg, and Pottsville, Pennsylvania, serves businesses and individuals locally, regionally, and on the national level. The Seltzer Group is a proud member of the Keystone Insurers Group.