Halloween Safety Tips
– Motorists driving on these nights: watch for children!
– Keep an eye out for children in dark cloths, darting from in between parked cars, along streets, medians, curbs, alleys and driveways.
– Make sure children are with an adult or older responsible youth.
– Instruct children to stick to familiar routes, to only approach well lit areas and to never enter a stranger’s house.
– Make sure the costumes are safe.
– They should be loose to allow for warm clothing to be worn underneath
– Make sure costumes aren’t so long or bulky they create a tripping hazard
– Steps should be taken to make sure children are visible at night by using reflective tape on costumes and candy bags
– Carry a flashlight
– Avoid masks as they obstruct vision. If a mask is worn it should have nose and mouth openings and large holes for eyes.
– Treats should be brought home and inspected before anything is eaten. If it seems suspicious, throw it out!
Have a safe and Happy Halloween!
The Seltzer Group with locations in Schuylkill Haven, Orwigsburg, and Pottsville, Pennsylvania, serves businesses and individuals locally, regionally, and on the national level. The Seltzer Group is a proud member of the Keystone Insurers Group, the nation’s 5th largest independent broker.