Did you know that frozen pipes are common during the cold winter months and that they could result in significant water damage?
Did you know if you catch a frozen pipe before it thaws you can prevent extensive damage?
Here are some tips for indentifying, handling and preventing frozen pipes in your home or business:
- Low water pressure and/ or reduced flow may be and indicator of a frozen pipe.
- Any plumbing or water malfunctions can be a sign of a frozen pipe.
- Check your building/ home/ structure for any drafty areas and add insulations accordingly.
- If pipes are prone to freezing, have an infrared scan and report done to your property. (there are certified firms available to provide this service) This will allow you to see where the drafts/ missing insulation are.
- Monitor all areas of your building even during off hours.
- Keep the thermostat inside set at a minimum of 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If going on vacation, turn off all water supply lines including, but not limited to, washing machines, sinks, toilet lines, etc. Have someone check the property frequently while you’re away.
- Have your sprinkler system service provider check and inspect your system.
If you would like more information about freezing pipes or you have a frozen pipe/ water damage please call Berks● Fire ● Water Restorations, Inc: 1-866-487-866 or visit them online!
The Seltzer Group with locations in Schuylkill Haven, Orwigsburg, and Pottsville, Pennsylvania, serves businesses and individuals locally, regionally, and on the national level. The Seltzer Group is a proud member of the Keystone Insurers Group.