April is Alcohol Awareness Month and it’s an opportunity to raise awareness of alcohol abuse and encourage people to make healthy, safe choices.
Warning Signs of Alcohol Abuse
If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, you may have a problem with alcohol:
– Do you drink alone when you feel angry or sad?
– Does your drinking ever make you late for work?
– Does your drinking worry your family?
– Do you ever drink after telling yourself you won’t?
– Do you ever forget what you did while drinking?
– Do you get headaches or have a hangover after drinking?
Strategies to Cut Back or Quit Drinking:
– Keep track of your drinking and set a drinking limit.
– Try to avoid places where heavy drinking occurs.
– Ask for help from a doctor, family or friends.
– If you keep alcohol in your home, keep only a limited supply.
Drinking too much alcohol can lead to health problems, including alcohol poisoning, hangovers, and an increased risk of heart disease. Take the time to educate yourself and your loved ones about the dangers of alcohol abuse.
Never drink and drive! In Pennsylvania there were 12,712 alcohol related driving accidents in 2009 alone.
Keep in mind the consequences of abusing alcohol this and every month. Stay safe and healthy!
The Seltzer Group, located in Eastern Pennsylvania, specializes in developing safety, workers compensation, human resources, claims, and risk financing programs. They are a proud member of the Keystone Insurers Group and are nationally recognized for their expertise in workers compensation solutions. The Seltzer Group serves businesses and individuals locally, regionally, and on the national level.