7 Common Mistakes Employers Make With Their Company’s Workers Compensation
Workers Compensation can be a complicated and frustrating system for most business owners. Below are seven common mistakes business owners unconsciously make in regards to their company’s workers compensation program. Making one or more of these mistakes will result in unnecessary expenses, reduced productivity and indirect costs that negatively affect the growth and success of your business.
1. Hiring employees with out a physical examination. This could identify a physical limitation, allowing you to avoid an injury due to a pre-existing condition.
2. Not having a work injury plan.
3. Not having a doctor panel in place. This allows employees to use doctors and medical facilities of their choice.
4. Not taking a proactive stance to control costs and manage claims effectively- relying too strongly on the insurance companies to do it for you.
5. Using a medical panel that does not support a “return to work” sentiment.
6. Not reviewing the company’s experience mod factors. This allows for the possibility of inaccurate information to be used in calculating your experience mod rating, which has a direct impact on cost.
7. Not considering the benefits of a safety committee.
To learn more about how to manage your workers compensation program and reduce costs join us for a FREE workshop on November 17, 2010!
Taking Control of Your Workers Compensation Costs- Find out what you don’t know about controlling your company’s risk, the immediate and long term effects, and strategies for how to effectively manage work comp issues.
You will learn : 3 things every employer must do to reduce Workers Comp costs, the steps to take before and after an injury that could reduce costs by 50% AND cost reduction strategies to benefit any businesses.
When: Wednesday, November 17, 2010- registration will begin at 3:00pm, presentation will be from 3:30-5:00pm, networking mixer immediately to follow seminar.
Where: Best Western Lehigh Valley
300 Gateway Drive Bethlehem, PA 18017
Instructors: Tom Garrity, Compass Point, Managing Partner
Steve Stramara: The Seltzer group, Sr. Vice President
Members of: Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corp.
For more information or to register please email email@example.com or call
1-888-366-1000 Ext. 126
The Seltzer Group with locations in Schuylkill Haven, Orwigsburg, and Pottsville, Pennsylvania, serves businesses and individuals locally, regionally, and on the national level. The Seltzer Group is a proud member of the Keystone Insurers Group, the nation’s 5th largest independent broker.